Just about everyone with an iOS device has bought or gotten free apps that they thought would be cool or useful and then decided they didn’t need it. Deleting from your device is easy but what about your iTunes library? Especially now with iCloud keeping track of everything it’s not so obvious. It’s an especially annoying thing when you keep seeing updates for all those apps showing up in the various App stores. With the release of iTunes 10.5 you can now hide those apps from view AND from updating.
The technique is basically the same in iTunes as well as on your device:
- Click on the iTunes Store
- Click the Purchased link on the far right
- Pick your content (Music, Books, Apps, etc.)
- Hover over the item you want to hide until you see the “X”
- Click the “X” to hide that purchase
Here are the links to the Apple KB articles on both the iTunes and Mac App stores and how to hide the unwanted apps.